Ayurvedic Massage: Ayurveda is a healing system that originated in India. When it treats a sickness, it addresses the body as a whole and not the disease as an isolated case. Massage is one of the ways Ayurveda addresses the person’s illness and it is also a preventive therapy that anybody can undergo into. What is uniquely distinct about this type of massage is that it has the oil dripping on the forehead technique (Shirodhara) as well as it offers the option of a two massage therapist moving in synchrony (usually it’s just one person doing the massage in other types of massage.) Like in Thai massage there is also the poultice/herbal cloth bag being applied or dabbed on the skin (Udvartana).
There are 6 Ayurvedic Massage Therapy Techniques (1)
1. Garshana - silk glove/wool rubbing on the skin to exfoliate skin and promote blood circulation
2. Abhyanga – herbal oil massage to promote circulation and elimination of body waste as well as to activate the nadis for vibrant flow of spiritual consciousness
3. Vishesh – deep muscular massage
4. Swedana – herbal steam bath that keeps the head and the heart cool
5. Shirodhara – pouring warm herbal oil on the forehead to calm the mind, body, and spirit
6. Udvartana – herbal paste lymphatic massage
7. Ayurvedic facial – of the face, plus the head and neck
Truly, Ayurvedic massage is a holistic, rejuvenating, and relaxing massage experience.
To learn more about Ayurveda and its different modalities like this massage, visit our bookstore at 2W 14th St. New York, New York. http://www.namastebookshop.com/blog/ayurvedic-massage/
(1) Douillard, J. (2004). The Encyclopedia of Ayurvedic Massage. California: North Atlantic Books
My newest book is available now on Amazon on Kindle and in paperback!
How To Massage Your Lover:
Create greater intimacy and deeper bonds with your Spouse, Lover, or Partner with the loving touch of massage.
Create deeper intimacy and bonding between you and your partner through the loving touch of massage. You will learn how to perform an hour long, full body massage just like the professionals.
Click here to order yours! http://amzn.to/2reYhZZ
Author Profile: http://www.amazon.